Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I think I have been blessed

Ever since I was 16 I dreamed of being a writer. I would read poetry by Jim Morrison, Jack Keroac, and Sylvia Plath, I would read philosophy books and DREAM of being a writer. I wrote lots of stuff, I wrote about what I thought about the world, poetry, short stories about funny stuff. I just LOVED to write, I have always been able to read very fast and comprehend all of what I read very very quickly I am better at remembering info I read VS info I hear. I am very text based...I used to dream in text when I frequented chat rooms a lot, no joke LOL

So I have a few friends on Plurk who got jobs writing for handmadenews.org. I was impressed and so happy for them all! I was on handmade news myself looking up info to share with my team members and I noticed they were still taking applications...so I felt like I NEEDED to apply. I felt like it would be success! So I applied...then I went to bed...then I thought about things I may have done wrong on my application...and I woke up a lot thru the night thinking about it..then yesterday I was sitting here minding my own business, palm rolling my dreads, and I get an email...they LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!

They say they are "really impressed" with my work, I gave them many examples this blog being one of them, and they want to put me in the marketing dept. Well heck yeah! Thats where I belong!

I love the way life just works out and no matter how long you have had a dream it comes true. I am in awe of my life and all the little miracles in it that happen daily. This is just too cool! In the past 4 years I have had 2 major dreams come true, a successful business in the face of chronic pain and stiffness I am successful, and now I am a legit "writer". Before I became disabled my life sucked really I just didnt know. i have come to the realization that by me not letting my constant pain get me down I have managed to stir up enough positive energy that has propelled my businesses to what they are today. I have worked very very hard to get to where I am. I am so thankful I worked so hard in the beginning. A little voice kept telling me, "It will all be worth it soon, just keep going"
Now in my mind I am successful, no I dont live in a mansion by no means, my car dont even have a/c. But to me success is never measured by money.

I feel like a teenager right now with these big hopes and dreams being fulfilled....I never dreamed my dream would come true. I could always see myself in a "columnist" position, but I kinda never thought it would happen cause after all I have all these kids now and stuff, But its happened in a way that gives me the satisfaction of success and I can still stay home and care for my family, this is a job I can even do with my disabilities cause its not too time consuming (I HOPE!)

....I wish dad could see me now. He would totally brag to everyone that came within 20 feet of him. Dad this is for you. I am gonna keep making you proud, you watch me.

7 comments:

MoMo's Bows said...

Oh good...I get to be the first to say Congratulations!!!!!! You totally deserve for good things to happen! Now, go put on your pretty shoes and do a little dance! :O) I am sincerely thrilled for you!
Stephanie

Fanciful Expressions said...

Well Libby, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!!! Having a positive attitude and confidence can bring many blessings to you. Keep up the good work.

Carolyn

Auroras_Garden said...

Thanks guys, I feel warm and fuzzy inside LOL

KimberlyRies said...

Congrats Libby! I speak for the whole team in saying we are so proud of you. I am sure your father is too!! :)

You go girl!!

kim

Anonymous said...

ahhh, Libby, You are truly blessed. You are a sweetheart and it shows in your writing. You are definately a marketer but you also love the products you market which really comes out in your writing.

Good luck to you and Stay positive.

Auroras_Garden said...

Thanks Sara. I do truly LOVE everything I promote. I always hope that by me talking so great about others products that I have seen or tired then others will want some too. Its always nice to hear a first hand account of something from someone you trust...and I guess I look trust-able LOL I have been very fortunate to help a couple of shops get a darn good start thru my blog. I am proud. I have always admired your promotion of other shops too and I will re-tweet your tweets ANYTIME I see them. Your very generous with your time to help out these shops. You got a big heart Sara, and I loves ya!

Heather said...

Libby - what a beautiful post! I always am excited to see a new soap and of course you're gorgeous clothes! I wear my bloomers ALL the time - for real, I LOVE them! Anyhow, half the fun of your listings, besides the awesome love you put into your product are the colorful descriptions. Funny, witty, full of truth and so you :-) You are a beam of sunshine wherever you go and whatever you do, I'm sure!