Saturday, April 5, 2008

New fragrances I ordered for my soap!

I found AMBER!!!

Here is a list of what I ordered tonight

Vanilla
Violet
Lemongrass
Jasmine
Amber
Tuberose
Rosemary
Peppermint
Pink Grapefruit
Sage

I am gonna mix some of them up to make new fragrances. I am so happy I found the amber! YAY!

A lot of these I will keep as permanant fixtures in my store. I had a lot of people say Peppermint soap would be nice...I had a bad experiance with peppermint one time and it made me hesitant to use it in soap but if everyone says its good then I will try it. My bad experiance involved a huge handful of peppermint leaves in a steaming hot bath with some oranges...It sounds lovely dont it? It was, till I got out and my skin was a red hot inferno! I burned for hours and hours...oh god it was awful...I never thought about all the oils those chopped up peppermint leaves were emitting...I was red from head to toe, but dammit I smelled AWESOME!

I just hope the peppermint soap does not have the same effect! I would love to mix it with orange or a bergamot essential oil...oh man, talk about nice...wow!

I am planning on making more soap Sunday. I have more fragrance oils in and I need to get my butt in gear. I am psyched about my soap since its getting so much attention now. It would be a stupid business move to just let this pass by! Plus I really honestly enjoy making it. I have enjoyed making it for my family all this time and selling it sporadically but I wanna take it full time. I would possibly like to add more to it, like lotions and whatnot. I have a great recipe for laundry soap too I may try to make some of that. I make all the toiletries I use for Maylee, and her stuff is incredible.

I also make all of my own household cleaners.My window cleaner beats the pants off Windex any day of the week! The only things I dont make are dishwasher detergent and laundry soap. I just recently found the recipe to make my own laundry soap and you need grated up pure soap to make it...how handy! I have tons of grated up pure soap! LOL

Its terrible there are so many nasty, noxious chemicals in out soaps and lotions and cleaners we buy at the store...thats why I make all of the stuff for Maylee. I am trying to keep her toxin levels down as much as possible. I know you cant keep them totally safe but I try to as much as I can.I have been cleaning with my own products for about 4 years now and my house has never been cleaner...well when I can get around to cleaning LOL There is also no noxious chemical smell in the air after I clean...just the smell of whatever essential oils I put in my cleaner. Lately its been bergamot! I went thru my lavender phase already.... Cinnamon was a hit last year...I drove that in the ground, now I cant stand cinnamon it reminds me of the bathroom LOL.

I also make those linen sprays.I use it like one would use Febreeze. It works great for freshening up things like the couch or a chair or curtains you dont have time to wash....

Ok I am babbling and I need to go to bed. Its almost 1 AM and I got to drive down to see my parents tomorrow. Moms got a new outfit she ordered out of a catalog to show me...thats how mom shops anymore, catalogs...if she could only figure out the internet and the computer she would have packages coming every day,especially if she found Etsy!

No comments: