Monday, April 7, 2008

I finally got some work done guys! I made three skirts total since last monday. I have two on Etsy that I am showing here and I made another one for a special friend, Pren! I will show pics of Pren's skirt after she gets it in the mail. It was a trade. She made me a super cool bag for my computer so I can carry it around in style this summer. I am sure all the people at the coffee shop are gonna be envious of my computer bag and wish they had one that was so cool!


The skirt here is made of blue and green fabrics. These two have been screaming at me forever to be made into a skirt. I keep seeing them together in my fabric stash...they keep looking at me, I keep looking at them...So I finally made a skirt out of em so they will leave me alone! Hell, the voices in my head is enough, now the fabric is screaming at me...sheesh!

Anyhoo. I got this really super cool vine ribbon trim. This is just the coolest stuff. I have plans for this. I got enough to do the trim around the bottom of a skirt so I am gonna make one. I want it to be all brown fabrics too so it looks natural and stuff.

I used this stuff on the pocket of the Earth and Sky skirt and also on the pockets of this skirt:


I found these fabrics at the store yesterday and I had to rush home and make this LOL. I fell in love. Both prints are from a collection called "lava". It looks a lot like swirly watercolors. I love it.

I am also hooked on this tiered skirt thing. I love making these! They turn out so full and spinny!



Here is the pocket on that skirt:

Cool huh! That trim is really tiny so its hard to sew but its worth it. It really makes pockets pretty. I hope I can get around to using it on a brown skirt soon!

So thats what I got up on Etsy
I have plans for other stuff and I absolutely HAVE to get more soap made this week. I am sorry to say I am all out of Nag Champa, but I will be making 2 and 1/2 pounds of it as soon as I can get around to making soap!

I am still waiting on my big fragrance oil order...I cant wait to get it and get to playing with all the scents~

2 comments:

Justine said...

Yay for tiered skirts! Kind of surprises ya sometimes at the amount of fabric going into those things, but they're easy and cute! I LOOOVE that trim, too! How are you stitching it down & are you going over the leaves too?

pren said...

chad said my package from you came in the mail a few days ago but i am out of town! uuughghh. i want to see it now! i cant wait to get home on tuesday.