Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dotee Dolls!!


OK I am totally hooked on the Dotee Doll thing. I made one for a dear friend, and one for my mom and dad to hang up in their house. I have plans on making one for everybody I know at some point LOL I wish I would have found this while I was pregnant with Maylee, this is something that can be done while laying in bed with just a few supplies handy. You do all the work by hand on these. I think thats why I like them so much. I have so many beads and stuff here that I will never use for anything but now I can use them for these cute dolls! YAY!


This is the doll I made for my parents. Its hard to get a good picture of these things. I used some cool swarovski crystals in her tail so she would be all shiny and stuff. I made a heart shape on her belly with some red E beads...bad idea, cause it blends in with the red fabric LOL DUH! Its still cute though

I am planning on making one of these for my sister, SHHHhh dont tell her. Susan if your reading this dont say crap to your mom! I want it to be a surprise! She will never know, hehehehe

I will post pics of hers whenever I get it done. Its been a busy week. but thats another blog under the "venting" category LOL

For more info on these cool dolls and how to make them you can check out the Dot's Blog
There is also a cool video on how to make these dolls. The video is just a basic overview to give you the idea of how its done. I get the feeling there is no set pattern for these. You just let your creativity run wild...I LIKE it!

1 comment:

SmilesandSunshine said...

You've got it. There is no set pattern. I made the video and the one on there is really tiny. I hope to make another video soon. Anyway, I'm glad you love making dotee dolls. If you want to trade them, go to Swap-bot.com and look for the sewing swaps. There is alway some kind of dotee doll swap going on.

Smiles!